Microsoft Power Point is used for creating presentation in form of .ppt files. Delivering information in form of presentation is quite interesting than providing a word document to the user. The PPT i.e. the presentation file has huge importance for those who rely on Power Point presentation for spreading information. Therefore, keeping PPT working is must for them. If any sort of damage occurs in PPT then it becomes useless, as data stored in the file becomes inaccessible. At that moment, you have to perform PowerPoint recovery for getting the lost data back.
Microsoft enables Power Point users to repair PPT using built in option called “Open and Repair.” Mentioned below are the steps that help you repair PPT and recover lost data:
- Start MS Power Point application.
- Select Open.
- Select the corrupt PPT file. The “open” dialog box appears.
- Click the down arrow beside the Open button and select the “Open and Repair” option.
- As you select the “Open and Repair” option, the selected PPT will be repaired and a message to save the PPT appears.
- Save the PPT so that the corrections done in the file can be made permanent.
This is how you can repair Power Point Presentation. However, Microsoft provides a built-in option to repair PPT; this option will work only when corruptions in the file are less. Just Like
- Trouble Shooting “powerpoint has encountered…” Error Message
- Need to recover Power Point Presentations? Here’s the solution!
- Resolve “There was an error accessing file” message in PowerPoint
- Repair PPT Crashing on Saving
In case major corruptions are found, this option will not be able to repair PPT. In that case, you have to take help of data recovery software like Kernel for PowerPoint tool available at: http://www.repairpowerpoint.org/. This tool is purposely designed to repair corrupt PPT file and help you recover lost information.