Tuesday, 15 April 2014
However, constantly updating your backup is neither possible nor manageable. You never know when your computer fails. In order to avoid such nagging issues, it is important for you to consider repairing Excel. Here are some of the tips that will help you to repair Excel file on your own:
Close MS Excel,
re-open it and try opening the affected file
- If this doesn’t help, restart your computer and open MS Excel and try opening the file again
If this doesn’t
help, delete the contents of your C:\windows\temp directory then
reboot. Try again
If this time you fail
again, then restart the computer, open Excel and try opening the
This time, click on
Start > Run and type- "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\excel.exe" /s ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office10\excel.exe" /s (for Excel 2002, Office XP, click
cancel if the MS Office Installer starts, Excel in safe mode will
- Now try opening the file again
- This time, click on Start > Run and type- "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\excel.exe" /s ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\excel.exe" /s (for Excel 2002, Office XP, click cancel if the MS Office Installer starts, Excel in safe mode will still start)
- Failed again? Make sure you scan the file for possible virus infection. Ensure your macro heuristics scanning option is turned on.
- If there are no viruses present, find this file in Explorer, right-click on it and rename it, replace the .xls extension with .doc extension. Try opening the file with Word
If this doesn’t work
again, try determining if the file is unrecoverable on the disk.
Open the affected file in Explorer and try copying it to another
- If you can copy the file to another location, if not, then the actual sectors on the disk may be corrupted
- If the data is quite important, look out for professional service
- Try opening damaged disk recovered file immediately
If the recovered file
doesn’t open or you could copy the file to another location, then
try opening the file in a more recent version of MS Excel. As the
version numbers increase, the ability to retrieve corrupt files
If all the above-mentioned methods fail to help you in repairing corrupt Excel spreadsheets then you can surely switch to superlative and advanced Kernel for Excel repair software. The Kernel for Excel repair tools are devised to help you recover Excel files without any qualms.You can also download this http://www.excelfilerepair.org/download-excel-repair.html
MS Excel spreadsheet is quite popular application due to its ability of storing and maintaining massive data. Also, it facilitates the u...
MS Excel is Microsoft’s popular spreadsheet application that is used extensively to enter, save and manipulate data in tables, rows and ...
When using MS Word for document creation, you need to either use the default template or import the customized template. You need to impor...
Microsoft has incorporated a tool named Detect and Repair in MS Office XP, Office 2003, and Office 2007 using which you can repair the c...
Those who use MS PowerPoint to create presentations can only understand the importance of PPT repair. PPT is a presentation file, which is...
Just like any other data file, MS Access database files are also not able to safeguard themselves from damage, error, and corruption. No...
Users face doc file corruption issues which occur due to power failure, abrupt system shutdown, virus attacks, corrupt storage media, co...
Marketing or Accountancy, Excel worksheets are widely used for calculation purposes in small, medium, and large organizations. Many o...
Excel spreadsheets too are prone to corruption, just like any other MS Office file. Corruption might hit an Excel file due to number of ...
When we create sub documents in MS Word it's known as Word Master Document. Therefore, a word master document file is very import...