Friday, 4 April 2014
Those who use MS PowerPoint to create presentations can only understand the importance of PPT repair. PPT is a presentation file, which is created using MS PowerPoint. When this file gets corrupt, user’s hard work and the valuable time spent in creating PPT gets wasted. Just think once how annoying it will be to see the following error message when you open a presentation file that has been completed almost 95%:
"There was an error accessing file e:/xxxx"
Cause for the aforementioned error
MS PowerPoint displays the file accessing error in one of the following cases:
- You are trying to open .ppt file through Recent Documents section but the file has been relocated. For example, first the file was located in E drive but then you relocated it to D drive due to which the software is not able to locate the file.
- Someone has modified the file’s extension.
- The .ppt file that you are trying to open has been damaged due to reasons like virus attack, abrupt system shut down, software crash, file’s header corruption, errors in the storage media, etc.
You can execute one of the following procedures to get rid of the specified error message:
- If you have relocated the file then use File > Open option to access the file from new location.
- Check the file’s extension, if it has been modified then change it to .ppt and then try to open the file. May be your problem gets resolved.
Consider the above-specified solutions in a sequence and after trying a method, open the file with PowerPoint. If the file gets opened, verify it for accuracy. If everything is fine then your problem has been resolved. However, in case, your problem does not get resolved, you have to repair PPT file to recover the lost data.
MS Excel spreadsheet is quite popular application due to its ability of storing and maintaining massive data. Also, it facilitates the u...
MS Excel is Microsoft’s popular spreadsheet application that is used extensively to enter, save and manipulate data in tables, rows and ...
When using MS Word for document creation, you need to either use the default template or import the customized template. You need to impor...
Microsoft has incorporated a tool named Detect and Repair in MS Office XP, Office 2003, and Office 2007 using which you can repair the c...
Those who use MS PowerPoint to create presentations can only understand the importance of PPT repair. PPT is a presentation file, which is...
Just like any other data file, MS Access database files are also not able to safeguard themselves from damage, error, and corruption. No...
Users face doc file corruption issues which occur due to power failure, abrupt system shutdown, virus attacks, corrupt storage media, co...
Marketing or Accountancy, Excel worksheets are widely used for calculation purposes in small, medium, and large organizations. Many o...
Excel spreadsheets too are prone to corruption, just like any other MS Office file. Corruption might hit an Excel file due to number of ...
When we create sub documents in MS Word it's known as Word Master Document. Therefore, a word master document file is very import...